We are seeking an immediate, full-time hire to join our Core Algorithm group in Cupertino, California. Our Core Algorithm group maintains and extends a robust set of multi-physics solvers.
At OnScale, you’ll join a dynamic, entrepreneurial team of world-class scientists, engineers, and developers focused on building the Future of Engineering. Our team brings expertise in IoT/MEMS, RF, BioMed, Aerospace, and many other engineering disciplines.
Our plan is simple: build the world’s best computer-aided engineering platform. That means developing the best multi-physics solvers, the best optimization algorithms, the best highly-parallel Cloud HPC system, the best GUIs/Plugins, etc. We thrive on accomplishment, we move fast as a team, and we’re looking for leaders in the field of computational electromagnetics to join us.
OnScale headquarters are in the heart of Silicon Valley, a stone’s throw from some of our biggest and best customers in the BioMed, IoT, RF, and general hardware space. We have satellite offices in Atlanta and Scotland. We offer all the perks of a Silicon Valley high-tech early stage company: competitive salaries, professional development plan and bonuses, equity, and benefits.
- Create or identify state-of-the-art computational electromagnetics algorithms that extend OnScale’s numerical solvers, implement as software suitable for high-performance computers, and document their verification.
- Establish expertise in using our home-grown finite element analysis code base, Flex.
- Evaluate algorithms for current and future problem classes, developing a body of experience with which to guide users and establish strategies for future improvements.
- Proactively interact with users to assess software performance and provide solutions for moderately complex issues of modeling or software errors.
- Adapt software development and QA practices and contribute to their continuous improvement.
- Document efforts in technical reports, publish papers in peer-reviewed journals, and present results at scientific meetings and conferences.
- Contribute to technical practices and mechanical and structural systems with internal and external collaborators.
- Exhibit a passion for multi-disciplinary problem solving.
- Demonstrate a solid work ethic and excellent team skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Engineering with focus on numerical analysis of electromagnetics applications.
- Experience in developing solvers using different numerical methods including integral equations, finite difference and finite element approaches.
- Familiar with fundamentals of design for electromagnetic systems including antennas, wave guides and resonators.
- Knowledge of commercial multi-physics analysis software
- Knowledge of modern software development tools, techniques, and best practices.
- Programming experience in one or more of C, C++, Fortran, python.
- Pre-IPO stock
- Full medical insurance plan with Blue Shield of California
- Vacation PTO (based on level/experience)
- Perks – Meals/Snacks, Beer Wednesdays, Frequent Lunch-N-Learns
OnScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer
OnScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.