We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the technical team in Atlanta to help us ship reliable and highly available services to our customers. While we already have engineers managing our runtime infrastructure, you will be the first dedicated DevOps hire in the organization, so previous DevOps experience is a must. Our production infrastructure is based on AWS so a deep knowledge of AWS is also critical for this role.
At OnScale, you’ll join a dynamic, entrepreneurial team of world-class scientists, engineers, and developers focused on building the Future of Engineering. Our team comes from BioMed, Aerospace, IoT/MEMS, RF, and many other engineering disciplines.
OnScale is a revolutionary cloud based simulation package offering the world’s first Solver-as-a-Service platform. OnScale combines advanced computer-aided engineering (CAE) multi-physics solvers with a scalable Cloud high-performance computing (HPC) engine. OnScale breaks performance barriers for engineers by providing near-limitless Cloud HPC resources to solve today’s toughest engineering challenges.
Our plan is simple: build the world’s best computer-aided engineering platform. That means developing the best multiphysics solvers, the best optimization algorithms, the best highly-paralyzed Cloud HPC system, the best GUIs/Plugins, etc. We thrive on accomplishment, we move fast as a team, and we’re looking for rockstars to join us.
The main headquarters of OnScale is based in Silicon Valley with additional office in Atlanta and its European branch located in Glasgow, United Kingdom. Our offices comprises of both engineers, who deal with day to day support of the software, and software developers, who focus on building GUIs, plugins, web apps.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintaining AWS infrastructure and DevOps environment.
- Deploying and managing Kubernetes clusters.
- Installing and configuring production-grade Kubernetes clusters.
- Building Docker containers.
- Writing bash and Python scripts.
- Automated penetration testing for potential security risks.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- EKS/GKE/AKS professional experience.
- CI/CD and deployment management experience utilizing Jenkins.
- Professional experience managing, troubleshooting, and deploying Kubernetes clusters.
- 401K (with % matching)
- Pre-IPO stock
- Medical plan details
- Vacation PTO (based on level/experience)
- Perks – Meals/Snacks, Beer Wednesdays, Frequent Lunch-N-Learns
OnScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer
OnScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.