We are seeking an immediate, full-time hire to join our Core Algorithm group in Cupertino, California. Our Core Algorithm group maintains and extends a robust set of multi-physics solvers.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with OnScale engineers to identify and define optimal CFD technologies for specific applications.
- Lead a small team to develop state-of-the-art CFD algorithms that extend OnScale’s numerical solvers, implement as software suitable for high-performance computers, and document their verification.
- Integrate existing and newly developed CFD algorithms with OnScale’s computational mechanics solvers.
- Evaluate algorithms for current and future problem classes, developing a body of experience with which to guide users and establish strategies for future improvements.
- Proactively interact with users to assess software performance and provide solutions for moderately complex issues of modeling or software errors.
- Adapt software development and QA practices and contribute to their continuous improvement.
- Document efforts in technical reports, publish papers in peer-reviewed journals, and present results at scientific meetings and conferences.
- Exhibit a passion for multi-disciplinary problem solving.
- Demonstrate a solid work ethic and excellent team and leadership skills.
- PhD in Engineering with focus on developing fluid dynamics solvers.
- Experience in developing CFD programs from the ground up using optimal numerical methods for specific applications, including compressible and incompressible flow, scalar transport, turbulence, structure interaction, etc.
- Experience in developing CFD algorithms for high performance computing environments, including distributed CPU and GPU systems
- Knowledge of commercial and open source multi-physics analysis software
- Knowledge of modern software development tools, techniques, and best practices.
- Programming experience in a scientific computing language such as C, C++, Fortran, or python.
- Pre-IPO stock
- Full medical insurance plan with Blue Shield of California
- Vacation PTO (based on level/experience)
- Perks – Meals/Snacks, Beer Wednesdays, Frequent Lunch-N-Learns
At OnScale, you’ll join a dynamic, entrepreneurial team of world-class scientists, engineers, and developers who together are building the Future of Engineering. Our team comes from Software, BioMed, Aerospace, IoT/MEMS, RF, and many other engineering disciplines.
Our plan is simple: build the world’s best computer-aided engineering platform. That means developing the best multiphysics solvers, the best optimization algorithms, the best highly-paralyzed Cloud HPC system, the best GUIs/Plugins, etc. We thrive on accomplishment, we move fast as a team, and we’re looking for rockstars to join us.
OnScale is headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, a stone’s throw from some of our biggest and best customers. We are growing quickly with a number of global offices in the US, UK, Japan and Taiwan. We offer all of the perks of a Silicon Valley high-tech early stage company (competitive salaries, professional development plan and bonuses, equity, and benefits) along with unparalleled, proven technology and impressive list of happy customers.
Send us your CV/resume to email@example.com, and tell us why you are interested in working with us.