We are seeking an immediate, full-time hire to join our Core Algorithm group in Cupertino, California. Our Core Algorithm group maintains and extends a robust set of multi-physics solvers.
At OnScale, you’ll join a dynamic, entrepreneurial team of world-class scientists, engineers, and developers focused on building the Future of Engineering. Our team brings expertise in IoT/MEMS, RF, BioMed, Aerospace, and many other engineering disciplines.
Our plan is simple: build the world’s best computer-aided engineering platform. That means developing the best multi-physics solvers, the best optimization algorithms, the best highly-parallel Cloud HPC system and the best GUIs/Plugins. We thrive on accomplishment, we move fast as a team, and we’re looking for leaders in CFD development to join us.
OnScale headquarters are in the heart of Silicon Valley, a stone’s throw from some of our biggest and best customers in the BioMed, IoT, RF, and general hardware space. We have satellite offices in Atlanta and Scotland. We offer all the perks of a Silicon Valley high-tech early stage company: competitive salaries, professional development plan and bonuses, equity, and benefits.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with OnScale engineers to identify and define optimal CFD technologies for specific applications.
- Lead a small team to develop state-of-the-art CFD algorithms that extend OnScale’s numerical solvers, implement as software suitable for high-performance computers, and document their verification.
- Integrate existing and newly developed CFD algorithms with OnScale’s computational mechanics solvers.
- Evaluate algorithms for current and future problem classes, developing a body of experience with which to guide users and establish strategies for future improvements.
- Proactively interact with users to assess software performance and provide solutions for moderately complex issues of modeling or software errors.
- Adapt software development and QA practices and contribute to their continuous improvement.
- Document efforts in technical reports, publish papers in peer-reviewed journals, and present results at scientific meetings and conferences.
- Exhibit a passion for multi-disciplinary problem solving.
- Demonstrate a solid work ethic and excellent team and leadership skills.
- PhD in Engineering with focus on developing fluid dynamics solvers.
- Experience in developing CFD programs from the ground up using optimal numerical methods for specific applications, including compressible and incompressible flow, scalar transport, turbulence, structure interaction, etc.
- Experience in developing CFD algorithms for high performance computing environments, including distributed CPU and GPU systems
- Knowledge of commercial and open source multi-physics analysis software
- Knowledge of modern software development tools, techniques, and best practices.
- Programming experience in a scientific computing language such as C, C++, Fortran, or python.
- Pre-IPO stock
- Full medical insurance plan with Blue Shield of California
- Vacation PTO (based on level/experience)
- Perks – Meals/Snacks, Beer Wednesdays, Frequent Lunch-N-Learns
OnScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer
OnScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.