The Software Developer will join a growing team of developers in Glasgow, UK who are developing graphical user interfaces, visualization tools, documentation, tests, and work in all other aspects of scientific code development for both 2D and 3D simulation. The role will involve all areas of the Software development life-cycle with the main focus being the development of new application functionality and maintenance of the current code base. In addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to work with software developers who will help them improve their knowledge and skill set and gain vital experience working in a continuous development environment. Taking on this role will see the candidate join a team of programmers, engineers, and scientists involved in the development of future commercial OnScale software packages that will disrupt the finite element analysis industry.
- Help improve and develop the OnScale application by completing tasks delegated from software team lead
- Implement software solutions that are maintainable, extensible, and follow best practices for high performance scientific computing software, working in collaboration with team members.
- Document methods and implementation in developer repository, user manuals, and in informal and formal presentations.
- Plan and write automated tests for any new functionality added to the code base.
- Maintain and improve existing software UIs, as well as develop new software.
- Provide daily progress updates, making use of the tools available (JIRA, confluence, Hipchat etc) and via the daily scrum meetings, to the Software Lead in Glasgow
- Report progress to the Cupertino team on weekly update calls.
- Effectively manage technical tasks under demanding timelines.
- Bachelor degree, or higher, in Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented software design practices and methodologies (templates inheritance, polymorphism, data management etc.)
- Experience in modern graphics rendering techniques and an understanding of the programmable pipeline would be ideal.
- Highly organized with critical attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Positive and self-motivated individual with a willingness to self-teach new and advanced software methods and techniques; coaching and instruction will be provided, but we’re interested in those who are keen to expand their own knowledge base.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Experience developing in a C-Style Object-Orientated language, preferably C++ with experience utilizing STL.
- Experience with UX/UI design and development experience (utilizing Qt – highly sought after)
- Experience with 3D Visualization Libraries
- Experience with software management tools, such as version control (CVS, GIT etc.)
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies and scripting languages (Python, Java etc.)
- Knowledge of Parallel computing (MPI, OpenMP, and threading)
- Potential 15% Annual Bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- 10 days statutory public holidays
- Auto-enrolment in Company pension scheme with company contribution
- Enrolment in Company Healthcare scheme
- Long term disability/income protection insurance
- Perks – Meals/Snacks, Beer Fridays, Lunch-N-Learns
At OnScale, you’ll join a dynamic, entrepreneurial team of world-class scientists, engineers, and developers who together are building the Future of Engineering. Our team comes from Software, BioMed, Aerospace, IoT/MEMS, RF, and many other engineering disciplines.
Our plan is simple: build the world’s best computer-aided engineering platform. That means developing the best multiphysics solvers, the best optimization algorithms, the best highly-paralyzed Cloud HPC system, the best GUIs/Plugins, etc. We thrive on accomplishment, we move fast as a team, and we’re looking for rockstars to join us.
OnScale is headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, a stone’s throw from some of our biggest and best customers. We are growing quickly with a number of global offices in the US, UK, Japan and Taiwan. We offer all of the perks of a Silicon Valley high-tech early stage company (competitive salaries, professional development plan and bonuses, equity, and benefits) along with unparalleled, proven technology and impressive list of happy customers.
Send us your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us why you are interested in working with us.