This simulation tutorial will guide you through:
- Applying a static pressure load to a connecting rod
- Running a simulation
- Viewing the displacement in the simulation results
- Available options and features in the Graphical User Interface
Import the CAD file
- In OnScale Solve, from the Projects tab of the dashboard, create a new project.
- In the ToolBar, click (+) and then Library. Within the OnScale Library, Select Connecting rod.
Assign a material
- Using either the Model tree or the 3D viewer, select Rod
- From the Material dropdown in the properties panel, assign Structural Steel to the Body Frame.
Add a fixture
- Select the tab.
- In the toolbar, ensure that the Mechanical Physics tab is on.
- Select Restraint as the constraint to fix the appropriate surfaces for the study.
- Using the Model tree, select the Bushing to apply a constraint to its face
- Ensure that the restraint type is a fixture in the right hand panel.
- Then select Done.
Add a pressure load
- Select Pressure in the toolbar to add a pressure load.
- Using the Model tree or the 3D viewer, select Right Neck (Top).
- In the properties panel, for Pressure, enter 2e6 (2 MPa) and then select Done.
Run a simulation
- Select the simulator tab.
- Click on the Launcher to run the simulation
- Once the meshing and estimation is complete, Select Launch to run the simulation study.
Analyze the results
- Once the simulation has finished, select Load Results to open the results in the Results tab.
- There is a wide range of output categories to choose from in the Output Datasets. Select Displacement from the options
- Expand the Settings option and toggle Show Mesh on.