This simulation tutorial will guide you through:
- Applying a pressure load to a connecting rod
- Running a simulation
- Viewing the displacement in the simulation results
Import the CAD file
- In OnScale Solve, from the Projects tab of the dashboard, create a new project.
- In the Tool Bar, click (+) and then Library. Under OnScale Library, Select Connecting rod
- Select Millimeters as the length unit.
Assign a material
- Using either the tree or the 3D viewer, select Rod.
- Using the Material dropdown in the properties panel, assign Structural Steel to this part.
Add a fixture
Add a pressure load
- In the toolbar, select > to add a pressure load.
- Using the tree, select Face 13.
- In the properties panel, for Pressure, enter 2e6 (2 MPa) and then select Done.
Run a simulation
- Select the tab.
- In the properties panel, select MESH & ESTIMATE. This automatically meshes your model, estimates how long the simulation will take to run, and estimates what the likely core-hour cost will be.
Once the meshing and estimation process has finished, use the cost–time slider to select the level of computational resource that you want to use for this simulation.
- Select RUN to run the simulation.
Analyze the results
- Once the simulation has finished, select Load Results to open the results in the Results tab.
- Output categories can be selected from the tree: Select Displacement.
- In the properties panel, expand the Output dropdown to select Y displacement component